kaffyr: She's at a typewriter; is she legal? (Are Girls Legal?)
[personal profile] kaffyr
For A Start

[personal profile] lydy  is brilliant. She is a bit of a force of nature, one I would like to see more of, learn more about, and in general have more a part of my world. I still treasure a night many, many years ago, in the "secret" consuite at Minicon, when I had the benefit of her humor and intellect. 

I think I agree with her on things cultural, political, emotional and intellectual at least 80 percent of the time. The other 20 percent of the time? I suspect that we'd probably have some interesting discussions. 

She has written an essay that I believe is well worth reading and thinking about, concerning how women, the world, and "the rules" - for every single value and power of "the rules" that might exist in this universe - intersect. It is her answer, or at least an excellent precis of her answer (because her real answer is the way she approaches the world every day), to the question many men ask (in which the asking is too often more complaint about having their privilege questioned than actual question) of women: "How can I interact with you women without being a douche, if you won't tell me the rules?"

I think I agree about 95 percent with this one. And even if I didn't agree with it nearly that much, it's still an excellent starting place for conversations, or indeed for an internal dialogue, if one were inclined to think about it. Because, as I said, 
[personal profile] lydy  is brilliant, and brilliance nearly always is an excellent light by which to make one's way in this world. And, as she said to me when I asked if I could link, she wants to start conversations.

Date: Friday, 23 June 2017 12:08 am (UTC)
kerravonsen: cartoon Ood: "would you like a piece of my mind?" (Ood)
From: [personal profile] kerravonsen
Thanks for pointing that out. Great post, yes.

Profile

kaffyr: The TARDIS says hello (Default)
kaffyr

October 2017

S M T W T F S
12345 67
8 91011121314
15161718 1920 21
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Tuesday, 24 October 2017 12:10 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios