1. Took an extremely constipated ginger cat to the vet.
2. Cleaned the carpet, bed, blankets, etc. to the best of our ability thereafter (because constipation in cats comes with liquid matter that squirts out around the blockage as kitty attempts to expel it and yes that is indeed TMI, but hey, you've read this far and we're past it.)
3. Did three smallish but smelly loads of laundry as part of the cleanup.
4. Cleaned another section of rug that I discovered our other cat had, sometime in the past two weeks, used at least once, as a secondary litter box. Two applications of baking soda and vacuuming have made it better. Unfortunately, the location included some extremely important audio/visual wiring. I'm amazed none of it went out. The wiring has been very carefully wiped down with Lysol. Fortunately, the area hasn't been used as a loo recently, so I assume it got used prior to our installation of the new litter-loo. Go, us.
5. Ruminated unhappily on our vet's comment that changing dry food to wet probably wouldn't help minimize constipation and its concomitant problems, because cats who eat wet food drink less, which defeats the purpose of switching the food types. Sigh.
6. Fought headaches all day.
7. Made our bed up with fresh linens
8. Had some whisky
9. Loved the fact that BB and I got through this and were able to make jokes occasionally. Go, team kaffyrbb!